Apple is Apfel
Orange is Orange
Hello is Hallo
How is Wie
Why is Warum
Where is Wo
Who is Wer
Yo if you ever feel sad because all your friends seem so much better than you like “that one has already finished her uni degree, that guy already has an awesome job, that one is living in Vanuatu now”
Because everyone’s life is different and using other people’s lives as a measure of your own self worth is bullshit.
Everyone has something special and awesome about their lives and you’d be amazed at how bad situations can yield fantastic opportunities.
And maybe you’re sitting there like “but there is nothing special or awesome about my life” well you just wait, because awesome things are coming your way babe.
And if you truly, absolutely believe there is nothing special about you - well change that. Learn something new, something fantastic. Something that only a handful of people in the world can do. Or something that makes other people happy. Or something that just makes you happy.
10 books that have stayed with you in some way:
1. The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Animals - - - Philip Whitfield
2. The Harry Potter series - - - J.K. Rowling
3. The Redwall series - - - Brian Jacques
4. The Asterix and Obelix comics - - - Goscinny and Uderzo
5. The Tintin comics - - - Herge
6. The Farside comics - - - Gary Larson
7. Anything by Andy Griffiths - - - Andy Griffiths
8. Alex and me - - - Irene Pepperburg
9. Spirit of the Wedge-tailed eagle - - - Humphrey Price-Jones
10. Hand-rearing parrots and other birds - - - Rosemary Low
Probably forgetting a ton but oh well.
I keep thinking oh man, I’m so immature. How am I allowed to be an adult.
Then I spend time with teenagers.
And it’s like, wow, okay, yeah. I am an adult. I am so adult. Look at me adulting all over the place.